This post was written by Sofia’s Cakes’ very own Renzie Baluyut, and also appears as “The Increasing Popularity of Vacation Rentals” on his own personal blog.
Whenever I’ve concluded business with my soon-to-wed couples, I try to get to know them a little more– usually asking about Tagaytay wedding preparations, or if they’re still looking for local wedding suppliers, or what other last-minute details they need fixed in time for the big day.
On the subject of accommodations– as family and friends fly in or drive in from all over– it’s common for my clients to ask me about where to stay in Metro Tagaytay. Sure, there are hotels and bed & breakfasts, but the one thing I’ve noticed is the popularity of renting a house or a condo for a few days while in Tagaytay for the wedding.
Tagaytay Vacation Rentals
Vacation Rentals are typically aimed at families or groups who would want a little more space to stretch out, with a kitchen for the option of cooking if they so wish, while still having a level of privacy and convenience more suited to their needs.
Some folks rent out a furnished apartment, house, or condominium on a temporary basis to tourists as an alternative to:
- staying at a hotel or bed & breakfast
- renting a room or a bedspace
- or staying with nearby family/friends
A Surge In Popularity
Tagaytay vacation rentals are increasingly more popular as a travel option in the Philippines. On a personal note, I have observed:
- You can see more vacation rental listings on all kinds of online channels.
- More condominium owners are refitting their properties for short- or long-term lease options
- More investors are purchasing property specifically with the intention of developing vacation rentals.
In addition, according to USA Today Travel, portals such as Travelocity and Orbitz have launched their own dedicated vacation rental sites, while TripAdvisor bought a controlling stake in FlipKey.com. More websites have come up to service particular locales or niche markets, and you can expect to see a similar trend here in the Philippines as well.
Latest posts by Sofia's Cakes (see all)
- Join Us For Cake and Coffee This Weekend! (Oct 14 and 15, 2017) - October 7, 2017
- Green-and-Gray Motif 3-Tier Wedding Cake - September 20, 2017
- The Dos and Don’ts of Choosing Your Wedding Cake - April 12, 2017