Designing and putting together your wedding cake is supposed to be fun! Particularly so when you have so many options available to you these days– you can have a large 5-tier cake, for example, or you can have a quaint 2-tier wedding cake with lots of candy, cupcakes and desserts.
To give you an overview of our process here at Sofia’s Cakes Tagaytay, we’ve prepared a special step-by-step guide on how to order a wedding cake with us:
Step 1: Do You Have Pegs?
Let’s start with what you have in mind for your wedding cake/wedding cake spread. We usually start off with:
- Cake pegs; usually found by the bride online,
- One of our wedding cake designs, which you might have found on our website or from one of our social media channels, like Facebook, Pinterest, or Instagram,
- Or a sketch of a wedding cake/wedding cake spread
In many cases, our brides come to us with a moodboard they’ve already put together, with particular elements they’d want us to work with.
Check out some of our available wedding cake designs by clicking on the links provided below:
- 3-tier wedding cake designs
- 2-tier wedding cake designs
- larger wedding cake designs: 4-tier, 5-tier and 6-tier designs
- buttercream wedding cake designs
- portfolio wedding cake designs
Step 2: Let’s Work In Your Preferences
The fun part is in personalizing your wedding cake. You’ll have to let us know…
- How many tiers would you want on your wedding cake?
- Of these tiers, which would be made of real cake?
- Do you have a preference for fondant, or buttercream designs?
- What colors do you want on your wedding cake? Note that the use of metallic colors, or deep colors cost extra.
- What flavor would you want your cake to be? Our package-inclusive flavors include moist chocolate, lemon butter, or vanilla flavor cake, but we may also use other flavors at a small upgrade cost.
- Are there certain designs/patterns you want us to work into your wedding cake?
- Do you want to use a custom cake topper on your cake?
- We can also have other enhancements on your cake, like a styled cake table, or an accompanying candy station or dessert station.
- The cost of flowers are usually not included; you may use fresh flowers if you wish to decorate your cake (though we suggest you work with your florist for this).
Note that the more embellishments you have on your cake, or the more elaborate or labor-intensive your design gets, the higher your wedding cake package goes.
Let our team know exactly what sort of requirements you have in mind, so we can also make recommendations for you, based on your working budget.
Step 3: Check Out Our Available Promo Packages
Now you might want to check out some of our available promotional packages. You get a lot of savings this way, and we do our best to have your cake package covered by one of our promos, so you get the best value out of your wedding cake spread.
Don’t forget to ask your assigned account executive about the latest promotional offers!
Note that Sofia’s Cakes Tagaytay actively partners up with other local wedding vendors and venues for all sorts of value-laden promo packages.
We also join quite a bit of Tagaytay wedding fairs, so come visit us on those events as well for sweet deals!
Step 4: Other Add-Ons and Enhancements
Complete your wedding cake spread with our more popular add-ons and enhancements:
- Candy Stations and Dessert Stations.
- Wedding Cupcake Package – Your choice of a wedding cupcake tower, or lots and lots of cupcakes as giveaways.
- Wedding Giveaways Package – a mix of cupcakes and mini-cakes for you to give out to your wedding guests.
- Wedding Giveaways + Bridal Car Rental Package.
Step 5: Agreement
Once we’ve nailed down the details of your wedding cake spread, and the accompanying cost investment, we can proceed with formalizing your booking with us.
Your agreement with us serves as our contract, and it will have all the details of our transactions, including your cake worksheet, payment schedules, event details, and other important information.
Step 6: Payment / Booking Our Services
A 50% down payment secures our services for your big day.
Your payment options:
- Bank deposit or bank transfer. This is by far, the most convenient way to settle your cake package cost.
- Credit Card. We can generate a credit card invoice for you as well. Note
- PayPal. Ask us how you can settle your package via PayPal.
- Cash; by dropping by our shop in Amadeo, Cavite.
We can furnish you our bank details/PayPal details upon request. Note that there may be additional transaction charges with credit card and PayPal payment options..
Once down payment has been settled…
- …we’ll be preparing your official Cake Worksheet
- …we’ll be preparing your official Cake Order Agreement Form (this serves as our contract)
Step 7: Production
Your official Cake Worksheet will be sent to our production team, as their guide to putting together your…
- …wedding cake
- …wedding cake topper
- …wedding favors, including cupcakes and mini-cakes
- …candy station/dessert station
Note that we encourage you to review your Cake Worksheet and let us know if we’ve missed any details.
According to our Terms and Conditions, no changes may be done two weeks before your event date.
Before this deadline, we may still be able to accommodate changes you’d want to your wedding cake package, but note that some costs may be involved depending on your desired changes.
Step 8: The Big Day
Our team will call you (or your wedding coordinator) a few days before your wedding to confirm your delivery schedule, or if any adjustments must be made.
Unless otherwise instructed, we typically arrive at your wedding reception venue an hour before your guests arrive.
We’ll ask for your wedding coordinator (or designated representative) to receive your wedding cake package, and take instructions for our staff to set everything up at your wedding reception.
We recommend that you have your wedding photographer take pictures of your cake setup before your guests arrive as well.
Let’s Talk About Cake!
Get in touch with our dedicated team of cake designers, event stylists and wedding planners via these numbers:
+63 977 811.CAKE (GLOBE)
+63 977 811.2253
+63 46 483.1483 (PLDT)
You may also come visit us at our shop in Amadeo, Cavite, just outside Tagaytay City.