Nothing makes a proper birthday party more festive than a well-designed, well-thought out cake. These days, designing a birthday cake is so much fun, particularly so when you have so many options available– you can work in favorite cartoon or movie characters (via cake toppers), you can play with all sorts of colors, and you can customize your very own Tagaytay party however you wish.
To give you an overview of our process here at Sofia’s Cakes Tagaytay-Amadeo Road, we’ve prepared a special step-by-step guide on how to order a birthday cake with us:
Step 1: Do You Have Pegs?
Let’s start with what you have in mind for your birthday cake/birthday cake spread. We usually start off with:
- Cake pegs; usually found by the clients/parents online,
- One of our celebration cake designs, which you might have found on our website or from one of our social media channels, like Facebook, Pinterest, or Instagram,
- Or a sketch of a birthday cake/birthday cake spread
In many cases, our clients come to us with a moodboard they’ve already put together, with particular cake elements they’d want us to work with.
Check out some of our available birthday cake designs by clicking on the links provided below:
More Cake Inspiration
Step 2: Let’s Work In Your Preferences
The fun part is in personalizing your custom birthday cake. You’ll have to let us know…
- How many tiers would you want on your birthday cake?
- Of these tiers, which would be made of real cake?
- Do you have a preference for fondant, or buttercream designs?
- What colors do you want on your birthday cake? Note that the use of metallic colors, or deep colors cost extra.
- What flavor would you want your cake to be? Our package-inclusive flavors include moist chocolate, lemon butter, or vanilla flavor cake, but we may also use other flavors at a small upgrade cost.
- Are there certain designs/patterns you want us to work into your birthday cake?
- Do you want to use a custom cake topper on your cake?
- We can also have other enhancements on your cake, like a styled cake table, or an accompanying candy station or dessert station.
- The cost of flowers are usually not included; you may use fresh flowers if you wish to decorate your cake (though we suggest you work with your florist for this).
Note that the more embellishments you have on your cake, or the more elaborate or labor-intensive your design gets, the higher your birthday cake package goes.
Let our team know exactly what sort of requirements you have in mind, so we can also make recommendations for you, based on your working budget.
Step 3: Check Out Our Available Promo Packages
Now you might want to check out some of our available promotional packages.
You get a lot of savings this way, and we do our best to have your cake package covered by one of our promos, so you get the best value out of your birthday cake spread.
Celebration Cake Packages
- 2-Tier Birthday Cake + 50 Cupcake Souvenirs
- 1-Tier Birthday Cake + 50 Cupcakes; cupcake tower setup
- 1-Tier Birthday Cake + 24 Cupcakes; cupcake tower setup
- 2-Tier Birthday Cake
Tagaytay Party Packages with Cake and/or Cupcakes
- Download our latest promotional party packages here (PDF)
- Download our latest material on cupcake arrangements and giveaways here (PDF)
Step 4: Other Add-Ons and Enhancements
Complete your birthday cake spread with our more popular add-ons and enhancements:
Remember, you can also ask our team about:
- Party Hats, Name Tags, and Invitations
- Custom Backdrops and Standees
- Balloon Decor/Balloon Arrangements
- Venue Styling
- Custom Gift Bags/Loot Bags/Giveaways
- On-the-Day Party Coordination
- Party Program/Fun-and-Games
- Party Hosts and Assistants
- Clowns, Magicians, and other Entertainers
- Face-painting, Arts-and-Crafts Station, etc.
- Bands and Musicians
- Ice Cream/Sorbetes Station, Cotton Candy, and Popcorn
- Various Food Booths and Food Carts
- Lechon, and other extra Party Food
- Photobooth Services
Step 5: Agreement
Once we’ve nailed down the details of your birthday cake spread, and the accompanying cost investment, we can proceed with formalizing your booking with us.
Minimum lead time is two weeks before your big day. While we may be able to accommodate your cake orders for rush orders, please note that we’re a very busy cake shop, and certain designs may not be possible with a very short lead time.
Note that, unlike wedding cake packages, delivery rates for birthday cakes are computed separately, as many parents/clients choose to pick up their cakes at the shop.
Delivery, setup and handling within Metro Tagaytay is already included with our Tagaytay Party Packages.
Step 6: Payment / Booking Our Services
A 50% down payment secures our services for your big day.
Your payment options:
- Bank deposit/bank transfer. This is by far, the most convenient way to settle your cake package cost.
- PayPal. Ask us how you can settle your package via PayPal.
- Cash; by dropping by our shop in Amadeo, Cavite.
We can furnish you our bank details/PayPal details upon request. As for stopping by our shop, you may find a map and a set of directions here.
Once down payment has been settled…
- …we’ll be preparing your official Cake Worksheet
- …we’ll be preparing your official Cake Order Agreement Form (this serves as our contract)
Step 7: Production
Your official Cake Worksheet will be sent to our production team, as their guide to putting together your…
- …birthday cake
- …custom cake topper, if any
- …party favors, including cupcakes and mini-cakes
- …candy station/dessert station
- …other party requirements
Note that we encourage you to review your Cake Worksheet and let us know if we’ve missed any details.
According to our Terms and Conditions, no changes may be done two weeks before your event date.
Before this deadline, we may still be able to accommodate changes you’d want to your birthday cake package, but note that some costs may be involved depending on your desired changes.
Step 8: The Big Day
Our team will call you (or your event coordinator) a few days before your party to confirm your delivery schedule, or if any adjustments must be made.
Unless otherwise instructed, we typically arrive at our agreed venue an hour before your guests arrive, or earlier if our other party services are part of your package..
We’ll ask for your event coordinator (or designated representative) to receive your birthday cake package, and take instructions for our staff to set everything up at your venue.
We recommend that you have your official photographer take pictures of your cake setup before your guests arrive as well.
Let’s Talk About Cake!
Get in touch with our dedicated team of cake designers, event stylists and wedding planners via these numbers:
+63 977 813.CAKE
(that’s 0977 813.2253)
+63 46 483.1483 (PLDT)
You may also come visit us at our shop in Amadeo, Cavite, just outside Tagaytay City. You may download a copy of a map and instructions here.