Coming over to the dark side has never been more delicious!
The very capable bakers over at Amanda Oakleaf Cakes— who not too long ago, made an Imperial-Stormtrooper-inspired cake earlier this year– outdid themselves this time by baking up a 500-pound cake that looks like Darth Vader!
This replica of the Lord of the Sith was made out of gateau, and was served just last weekend at the 501st Legion Banquet festivities for Star Wars Celebration VI.
Darth Vader cake stats:
- it stands taller than most, at 6 feet, 7 inches, and weighed 500 pounds.
- some 600 hungry Legion members were present– and they were all able to have a piece of Darth Vader cake!
- the cape itself, by far the most interesting/challenging component of this cake, is made of 100 pounds of marshmallow fondant, hanging freely from Darth Vader’s shoulders some five and a half feet of the ground.
- Darth Vader’s lightsaber is made of a single, solid piece of watermelon-flavored poured sugar, achieving the trademark red color of the Sith.
For the Love of Cake!
Amanda Oakleaf Cakes started out in September 2008, and is based in Winthorp, Massachusetts.
Amanda herself has been featured as a competitor on the Food Network Cake Challenge, and her work can be seen in many magazines and various other publications across the country.
Having been formally trained as an oil painter at the Massachusetts College of Art and Design, she approaches cake creation like any other art form -except, in this case it’s also delicious.
Latest posts by Sofia's Cakes (see all)
- Join Us For Cake and Coffee This Weekend! (Oct 14 and 15, 2017) - October 7, 2017
- Green-and-Gray Motif 3-Tier Wedding Cake - September 20, 2017
- The Dos and Don’ts of Choosing Your Wedding Cake - April 12, 2017