Celebrate love with all the colors of the rainbow with these 9 awesome rainbow cake designs! Great for birthdays, weddings, and other special occasions!
One of the more common requests we get here at Sofia’s Cakes is a rainbow cake. And as it turns out, there’s a whole lot of ways you can pull off a rainbow cake.
Browse through all the designs we’ve rounded up for you, and as you can see, rainbow cakes work great in either buttercream or fondant. While they make for great birthday cakes, or cakes for other reasons for celebration, rainbow cake designs also work for wedding cakes, should you want one.
Aren’t they all pretty? All the beautiful colors!
Click on one of the rainbow cake thumbnails below for a larger image.
Rainbow Cake Designs by these awesome cake artists!
1. Kiddie doodle design on this rainbow cake by Rosie of Sweetapolita.
2. Ruffled buttercream rainbow cake by Amanda of IAmBaker.net.
3. Shell-piped buttercream rainbow cake by Melissa Diamond of MyCakeSchool.com.
4. Rainbow-colored hearts on this 3-tier cake by Erin Gardner of Wild Orchid Baking.
5. Rose’s 2-tiered messy ruffles rainbow cake creation, as seen on RoseBakes.com.
6. Classic white-frosted rainbow cake by Love and Olive Oil.
7. Petal-piped buttercream rainbow cake by Robin of Bird on a Cake.
8. Rainbow sprinkle cake by Carrie Selman of The Cake Blog.
9. Unfrosted rainbow cake by Heather of Chickabug.